Nice video from Crowder. The Ted Kennedy part was staggering.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
The paragraph above is, of course, the opening of Thomas Jefferson’s great document the Declaration of Independence. When the declaration was signed victory was anything but certain. Yet the delegates believed what they were doing was the right thing even in the face of such overwhelming odds.
RevNEV.com, while not of the same import as the great document, is a kind of declaration of independence. This site is my way of declaring to the world my views on the issues of the day, and “to assume among the powers of the earth…equal station.”
Lest anyone be surprised, Rev Nev declares the following:
- The Christian worldview, as understood through correct interpretation of the Bible is the lens through which I look.
- The culture at large militates against the Christian worldview.
- Christians in America have an unprecedented opportunity to influence change in both government and culture.
- The mechanisms used in the past to influence are becoming less and less effective every day.
- Christians are looking for a new way forward as they engage politics and culture.
RevNEV.com exists to examine, contemplate, and act at the points where faith, culture, and politics meet and hopes to make a difference. Check back every Monday for an original post that explores the issues dominating politics and culture through a Biblical lens. And be sure to come every day for links to and commentary on the argument of the day.